Friday 6 June 2014

The Maze Runner book review

Haloooooo!!!


Okay, it's been months since I've posted and even picked up a book. I've been pretty busy with school and other unimportant stuff -___- . But not to worry, now I'm totally pumped up to get started writing more reviews! Here's my schedule for this month which I hopefully won't have a tough time following:

June 6th: The Maze Runner review (today!!) by James Dashner

June 13th: Unravel me + Ignite me + Fracture me + Destroy me by Tahereh Mafi

June 20th: Legend by Marie Lu

June 27th: Behemoth by Scott Westerfield

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                        


"If you ain't scared, you ain't human." 

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He's surrounded by strangers--boys whose memories are also gone.

Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It's the only way out--and no one's ever made it through alive.

Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well that was some synopsis. Just pasted that from good reads to give you guys some information about this book before skipping ahead to the SPOILERS. But honestly if I was someone who hasn't read the book yet, this synopsis wouldn't be too convincing for me. It's not that I'm picky or anything, but this honestly was the least interesting synopsis I've ever read. I don't think it delivers enough info for the reader.... :p

This novel was honestly a surreal blur to put it in my exact words. It felt like I was in a whole different dimension, with so many people not familiar to regular English language. I honestly wouldn't have been able to interact with any person there having had no knowledge what the heck 'klunkhead' or these other unusual terms that they sort of invented were.

Characters were pretty hard to understand. I wasn't sure whether most of them were being rude or if that was the nicest they could of ever been. Thomas was probably the most insane character. Yes, for a main character, he was pretty insane. Uh, I get this is a whole new world for you and your probably gulping and grueling through such struggle and fear of what ever the hell this god forsaken place is, but serzzz though who can ask so many damn questions!!! JUST SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP DAMMIT.

                                      

Newt was aiigght. He really had a simple demeanor. Not annoying, but also not boring. Other than Chuck, he was Thomas's only friend to be honest. Now Chuck was the coo-coo kid that no one really wanted to be close to, or at least thats what I remember (read this book months ago lol). He was a really forward kid, but he always gave Thomas a boost of enthusiasm and energy to survive that dreary place. My least favorite character would honestly be Minho. Okay, this dude was cray-cray which would be understood well since he spent most of his day running through these mazes and encountering these monsters called grievers. Not only that, but also having to see many lives being taken away because of these monsters, so I'd commend him in honor of all these reasons.

Gally, also the shuckiest shuck faced shuck in the world was probably the weirdest and most awkwardly intriguing character in the book His whole outlook to Thomas was so interesting in a way, and the way he kept  on telling Thomas that he knew him, just made him an even more important character in the book. Alby, the leader of the glade was probably the most hard to like for me. Sometimes he made me feel sorry for him, sometimes he made me hate his guts, and sometimes I didn't even feel anything, like how I feel towards my school principal -___- YEAH.

                                         

Okay so this girl out of nowhere just comes about a day after Thomas came. Which would be really unusual since they don't get new members often like that. And apparently she knows Thomas, like really well, since she called him out of all the guys that were staring at her either horrified that she didn't notice their faces or thrilled that she was a girl. The way they just lock here in that room outside was totally not what I would of done. Like seriously that was an odd welcome gesture.

Thomas, being the most uninteresting person in the world with his absolutely obnoxious and unintentional often at times resistance made this book VERY BLEAK. Don't get me wrong it was a great book, but why did he have to ruin my mind. Like, why are you always so sad and weird. Be optimistic for crying out loud. Like no pressure, but have a sense of humor dude, its not that hard, just say something funny.

I'd give this book 6 stars. I would definitely recommend this to those who love reading books that range from a bit boisterous to a whole fixation of puzzling allusions. This enthralling novel will surely be a great read for the summer. Especially since we can look forward to the upcoming movie this September.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite quotes:

“You are the shuckiest shuck faced shuck in the world!” 

“WICKED is good” 

“Good that.” 

“I just...feel like I need to save everyone. To redeem myself.” 

“She smiled for the first time, and he almost had to look away, as if something that nice didn’t belong in such a glum and gray place, as if he had no right to look at her expression.” 

-LIA <3

No comments:

Post a Comment