Friday 10 January 2014

Book Review: Insurgent by Veronica Roth

{^◕‿◕^Yelloooooo~~~~ (^^)


Hi Book Readers!


Today I come backeth, with a new revieweth, of this awesome booketh, called Insurgent! eth...
If you haven't known, Insurgent is actually the second book to the Divergent Trilogy, and it's jam packed with more awesomeness and well, more frustration! Now people, let me take you to the world of Insurgent in my point of view!! 

       



                                    

After Tris was able to survive the brutal attacks, she is now pained by the haunting guilt and grief she has experienced after all of it. Things for Tris turn even more difficult. With the war between the Erudite and the Dauntless and Abnegation, Tris has to make a lot of sacrifices and tough decisions to protect her friends and her faction.

So let's see, it was sort of hard to write a decent description of this book, I mean since so many things happened. Like so many things were happening in as little as 3 pages in every freaking chapter. As if it was enough getting over so many horrible things and stupid decisions that Tris was making, we had to be punched in the face by other events as well. I'd respectfully give this novel an 8 out of 10 stars. I wasn't let down, was all I can say. I also want to thank Veronica for not killing most of my favorite characters in this sequel, Thanks Roth ^_^ .

Overall, it was a very good read. Other than that, very hard to understand most of the time! We had so many different characters pop out of no where, I was seriously wondering if this was a game of Pop goes the Weasel. Freaking Peter and his annoying ass ways. What guy just goes into a girl's room, especially when she is not even there!? Then acting all possesive as if he owns the place. I wasn't quite surprised that Tris got all ape on him, I mean first he just creeps into her room and steals something that is not even his. I'm also starting to think that the guys at the Amity compounds are kind of loony. They gave Tris  this sort of happy serum that made her all bonkers which may I also say was one of the best parts of the book! Seriously I could listen to Tris yapping from that happy serum all day! lol. 

                                      


Don't even get me started on Tris and Four's relationship throughout the book.Yes, I refuse to call him Tobias...he's name will forever be Four, or Toby ^_^. They argued so many times in this book, That sometimes I'd think they are just fooling around even though they ended up being very serious. Four is such a drama queen -__- . I mean sheesh, why won't you let Tris make some decisions on her own for crying out loud!? Honestly though, out of all the relationships I've read through in different dystopian books, I think that Four and Tris's is the best. I'm not really into love triangles, and I love that although Tris and Four had many arguments throughout the book, they were still devoted to eachother. 

  
                                                          


Let's talk about one of the craziest and hair pulling parts of the book! Like, uh, I dont know, when Christina freaking found out about who killed the joy of her life! Honestly, I think that Tris should've told them all about this before the truth thingy. These are like the people most close to her, and Christina deserved to know much sooner! And, and, that part where Christina told Tris that she had finally forgiven her!! Someone please hand me the tissues! No I'm not crying, Its just the allergies!! >__<

My favorite characters in this novel would probably be Caleb, Peter, Uriah, and Lynn. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know that Caleb sorta betrayed his own younger sister. But other than that, Caleb was such a cute person in this book and I'm glad we also got to know more about him! Peter pisses me off a lot in this story. I was also kinda wazzed when Tris figures out that he actually saves her from the serum that was going to kill her. I was like "Oh so NOW your acting all good!" But then it kinda hit me that Peter actually is a nice guy. Don't tell Edward I said this >.> . As for Uriah and Lynn, yeah they're like the life of the party. Sucks that Lynn died and she honestly seemed like a genuine and maybe misunderstood person. Uriah... Uriah...I just want to tell you 

                                   

^_~


Really....REALLY ....excited for Allegiant. Yes, I have encountered many spoilers in this very highly anticipated book. But I'll just brush em off, Cuz I DON'T ACKNOWLEDGE SPOILERS!!! and to those annoying people who just leave random spoiler comments in youtube videos and blog posts:

                         

                                                          


SEE YOU ON THE FLIP FLOP LATERRR!!! ~~~~


Favorite Quote(s) from the novel:


“We both have war inside us. Sometimes it keeps us alive. Sometimes it threatens to destroy us.” 

“Cruelty does not make a person dishonest, the same way bravery does not make a person kind.” 

“Sleep,” he says. “I'll fight the bad dreams off if they come to get you.” “With what?” “My bare hands, obviously.” 

“Got that gun?” Peter says to Tobias. “No,” says Tobias, “I figured I would shoot the bullets out of my nostrils, so I left it upstairs.” 

“Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.” 


OH MAH GLOB...ME NEEDS TO READ ALLEGIANT NOOWWWW!!


                             


-Lia <3







No comments:

Post a Comment