Thursday 24 January 2013

Books that are definitely on the list this year!

Hello Awesome people of this world!

I haven't been able to go to the library this past week (which is bogus -_-), but I was able to find a long lost book under my bed. So this week I plan on reading 'Over Sea, Under Stone' by Susan Cooper. What sort of sucks is that this is the second book of Susan Cooper's series, so I have no idea what I'm in for since I did not read her first book of the series. I'm still going to take a shot at this one though, because I'm always up for a good read! ^o^

                                                  Over Sea, Under Stone (The Dark is Rising, #1)


Now getting back to the list of awesome books that I plan to read, these books are actually ones that I planned on reading last year (2012), but got on the lazy train to nowhere and haven't made any progress on any of them, so I plan on getting a fresh start and making sure these books get read at least this year! 

1. Leviathan by Scott Westerfield

                                         Leviathan (Leviathan, #1)

This book was recommended for me probably over a gazillion times (not kidding!). I was really excited to start this book, because Scott Westerfield is one of my favorite authors. The reason I had made no progress on this book is because I've been so busy with tests and exams that I hadn't realized that the book was due -_-.... Regardless of that, I once again cannot wait to get started with this awesome looking book and go on another awesome journey (:. 


2. Crossed by Ally Condie

                                          Crossed (Matched, #2)

Matched had been a pretty good read for me, and I really want to read the second book and be able to finish the series, because why would you just read the first book and put an end to it all ): . Another reason I really want to read this book this year is because I really want to know what happens to Ky and Cassia and get this load of curiosity and confusion off my brain -_- .


3. Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

                                      Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks, #1)

If you guys know me, you'd know that I like a really good teen-romance story (; . One of my favorite YA romance novels would be 'Stay' by Deb Caletti, and I still haven't gotten over Tara's story with Christian ):. Anyways, my expectations for this novel is that it will be just like one of those cute romantic novels that put you right into girly-gushy and blushy mode :p ^3^ .


4. Send me a Sign by Tiffany Schmidt 

                                              Send Me a Sign

A lot of people have told me about this book and that it is a really inspiring and wonderful story. After I read the summary and that it had something to do with surviving cancer, I was curious to read this book as well. I just hope that this book will be as inspiring as people have told me ^_^ .


5. Divergent by Veronica Roth

                                         Divergent (Divergent, #1)

Okay, let me be honest here. I have no idea what this novel is about and no idea what I'll be in for. I think it's dystopian but I'm not really sure. All I know is that I've been recommended this book ever since it was released and I just want to find out what all the chatter is about. Looking at the cover, it sort of reminds me of the Hunger Games, but who knows, it might just be a whole different story. Anyways, I'll be reading you soon!

So these are just the books that I definitely want to get out of my head for this year, and hope to fulfill my wish at least before 2014. If I had to choose which one I am most excited about, it'll probably be 'Crossed' since I want to know what happens after 'Matched' (: . Comment if you've read any of these books or if you wish to read any of them yourself (:

                                                         

-Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment